Date & Time
Thu, September 10, 2020
11:00am - 12:00pm, PST
- Carey S. Clarkm PhD, RN, RYT, AHN-BC, FAAN – Pacific College of Health and Science, Chair: Medical Cannabis Certificate Program, Former President: ACNA
- Sandra Guynes, MSN, RN – The Kush Nurse, American Cannabis Nurses Association, Minority Cannabis Business Association, Cannabis Nurses Network
- Mari Oxenberg, MS, RN, CNM – CEO: Nurse Mari Wellness LLC, Hospice Nurse, ACNA
- Eloise Theisen, MSN, RN, AGPCNP-BC – CEO: Radicle Health and Radicle Health Clinician Network, President: American Cannabis Nurses Association
- December 17, 2020 – Csequence’s Expert Panel Series: Cannabis in Medicine Part 4: Pain
- January 2021 – Clinical Interview – Sexual Health Pt 1
- February 2021 – 1:1 Interview – Sexual Health Pt 2
- March 2021 – 1:1 Interview – PTSD
- April 2021 – Clinical Interview – Finding an Effective Dose
- May 2021 – 1:1 Interview – MyJane and CBD
- June 2021 – Expert Panel Series: Cannabis in Medicine Part 5: Sleeplessness/ Insomnia
- July 2021 – Expert Panel Series: Cannabis in Medicine Part 6: Opioid Crisis
- September 2021 – Expert Panel Series: Cannabis in Medicine Part 7: Parkinson’s Disease
Expand your understanding of how cannabis can help in the treatment and management of various types of cancer with this virtual expert panel.
On September 10th, 2020 Csequence held Part 2 of a virtual expert panel series on the use of cannabis in fighting cancer. In July we heard from physicians who discussed their views on the topic, the data they have seen, and the trials they are working on. The upcoming discussion featured four dynamic nurses to get a glimpse into not only their view of cannabis as medicine but also what they have witnessed when cannabis has been applied to the therapeutic or supportive care treatment of cancer.
The tragic and untimely passing of Chadwick Boseman will undoubtedly give renewed attention to colon cancer and serve as another reminder as to how deadly this disease is. Some quick facts from the National Cancer Institute:
- In 2018, more than 1.7 million new cases of cancer were diagnosed.
- Breast cancer, lung, and bronchus cancers are the three most common. Colon cancer comes in 5th.
- Cancer mortality is higher among men vs. women. When considering race, ethnicity and gender, cancer mortality is highest among African American men and lowest in Asian/Pacific Islander women.
- Approximately 38% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetime.
Cancer doesn’t have to be a death sentence.
Although the fight is far from over, we are making progress. The overall cancer death rate in the United States FELL 26% from 1991 to 2015. Cannabis is joining the fight in a big way. There are over 20 ongoing clinical trials looking into the use of cannabis in cancer. As a patient, caregiver, or healthcare provider, this expert panel discussion will help deepen your understanding of how cannabis can help. The focus will be on the direct experience of these talented nurses and their view of what is happening now and what we can expect in the future.
Csequence is a professional services firm focused on the medicinal use of cannabis. We are hosting this expert panel series to further awareness and understanding of the application of cannabis to a variety of areas including cancer, insomnia, anxiety, and pain. We are grateful for our sponsors: American Cannabis Nurses Association, Blackcanna Business Magazine, myjane, and Pineapple, Inc.
If you are interested in our previous panel, please click here to view